Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please forgive the immediate barrage of questions to the board pertaining to my "new" bike, but I'm getting a little frustrated with a problem that it has.

When it gets good and hot, it sputters on acceleration. Higher RPMs tend to smooth it out, but a fresh gear really shows it unless I gun it.

I have a gas leak in a hose that I've shown here, before. I've fixed the leak to an extent, but I need to do a little better with it.

Anyway, the sputtering happens when it's colder, too, but it isn't as "distinguished". It's REALLY there when the bike heats up.

There are no mods done to this bike, so it's pretty stock, that I can tell. I have changed the spark plugs in it, but that hasn't really seemed to help.

Also, at times, when it's idling, it goes from high revving to low revving and back again, sometimes, on its own. If I rev it up while I'm in neutral at a stoplight or something, sometimes it takes it a while to come back down.

Any ideas here?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Get out some starting fluid and spray the boots while the bike is running .if she revs than bingo

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I don't think WD40 burns anymore, but it should make it stumble.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Yup it'll stumble

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I thought my boots looked pretty good. Not really cracked or anything, at least not where they attach to the carbs. Could it be further up?

I might be lacking the lingo here, though. I assume the boots are the big black hose that attaches to the carb? Whatever that big black hose is, it seems to be pretty fine.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Between carb and motor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts