Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a good deal on a Sportster windshield, trying to decide if it will fit, and look right.

It's Lexan, and like the one in this ad..... (not the actual shield I'm looking at) ... Harley Davidson P A Sportster Dyna Detachable Touring 19" Touring Windshield | eBay

It has 39mm quick release clamps that go on the fork tubes, just like these ... Quick Detach Windshield Wind Screen Clamps for 39mm Fork Harley Dyna Sportster | eBay

I know I'd have to make up 1mm on the clamps with rubber or leather strips maybe? The VN fork tubes are 38mm. Anyone know if the spacing on the clamps will be right? (to fit between the triple tree and line up on the tubes)

Overall height is supposed to be 27.5" ... I don't have a measurement from the top of the headlight, but it might be 19"..

One thing I definitely don't want is a shield that sits vertical on the bike or is just too large. Seen a few sitting vertical and they look horrible to me.

Any help/advice appreciated. Or is this just the wrong shield for the VN?

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's far from being flat, but the headlight brackets might be a good point. Will have to check that out, didn't think of that before, was mainly looking at the spacing of the triple tree.

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, the headlight bracket is making this one look like a big can of worms. Could move the top mount down, but the whole shield might flex then. Think I may pass on this deal.

May be best to look at bar mount shields. Was worth looking into for the price though, $20 for an MSRP near $400.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts