Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been thinking about putting another seat on my bike but have some questions. Would a 2 up sportster seat give the driver more room than stock. Sometimes when I am riding I wish I could move back a bit but the large hump on the stock seats will dig into my back. Second, what kind of mods need to be done to a sportster seat to make it fit? And third, will my sissy bar and luggage rack still fit on the bike? Pictures would be helpful.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
There are a lot of posts with pics about seat mods.

I'm looking for the same results as you, and so far it looks like the only mod that comes close is Harley or other solo seat, mounted as far rearward as you can get it. The 2-up seat limits how far back you can mount it, due to the rear fender.

The sissy bar etc. can stay, but you're left with finding a way to cover up the space where the seat pad was at the toolbox, and the fender with exposed wiring.

Some of the other seat options can make you sit a tiny bit higher, which might equate to about half the distance rearward I'm looking for.

Larger bike is my best solution, the seat on this one is horrible.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realize a bigger bike would have a bigger seat. Just wondering mostly if the sportster seat will give you any more room. As the sissy bar goes, I'm thinking of using a piece of diamond plate to make some kind of shield for the bolt holes where the tool box was. The meanstreak seat looks really good but I can get a sportster seat for a third of the price. I really just wanna see what people fabricated to make the sportster seat fit.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
The VN900 seat looks similar, so does the meanstreak seat.

I have a spare 900 seat I'm planning to part with. It looks like:

Looks like this installed on a bike (SnakeMurphy's)

Search the site for "900 seat mod" for other info on it. If you're interested in the seat, I only paid like $60 for it, so that's all I'd want.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Two piece sporty works well

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
The VN900 seat looks similar, so does the meanstreak seat.

I have a spare 900 seat I'm planning to part with. It looks like:
If no one makes an offer on that seat I would consider buying it off you. I don't want to step on any ones toes, so let me know if its up for grabs. If i am able to get it from you i would throw in a bit extra for shipping.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Check out Ryan Falls seat thread in the builds and projects section.there's a pic of my bike a coupla years ago with a sporty two piece seat.just had to drill 2 holes and mount a piece of flat stock under the rear tank mount

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will look into it. But here is the big question, would the 900 seat or sportster seat give you more room? Or is this mostly cosmetic?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts