Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance is it turns out that what I'm looking for is obvious. I don't know where I saw it but I saw a "sport" fairing / windshield that had clear plexi on top and black plastic on bottom for the 750. Now that I've taken my baby on the freeway, I've decided a 'screen really is necessary (I dislike the wind trying to rip my helment off....) And of course, now that I want to buy it, I can't for the life of me find it anywhere. I found a couple of sport windshields on eBay (like item #290182168402) but they are not what I was looking at. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone or have I lost my mind again..... Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No prob. That's close, but the one I saw actually went around the headlight and covered most of the stalks on the signals. To be honest, it looked almost the same as a fairing for a sport bike, but miniaturized. I guarantee that I'm probably not describing it well enough. If I find it again I will definitely post a link.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I had seen them (similar to THIS one, but ALOT cheaper) on eBay, but can't find any there now?
Keep an eye there and they'll probably show up again sooner or later.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
not to hi jack the thread, but, knifemaker, where did you get the console on your speedo, tach. looks good.
KM Made the console - seems like he has dimensions of it on his flickr account.

If I had the fab skills I'd try making one on my own - but I'd do such a crap job that it'd take away from the looks...

IIRC, Ya have no plans of making any more dashes right KM?

·
Super Moderator
11,864 Posts
No Dashes at this time, correct.

The fairing you showed is available from J.C, Whitney BTW.

I thought he was looking for a windscreen with a black bottom, not an actual two piece one with screen and fiberglass/plastic bottom.

JCW sells one for round headlights and one for rectangular ones. They also have one with a "double bubble" screen that would look really stupid on the Vulcan.

Do a search at their site am sure they still carry them.

KM

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
The fairing you showed is available from J.C, Whitney BTW.
Yep, this is the one I was referring to... HERE at J.C.W..
I'm pretty sure the guy sellin' them on eBay had them for less than J.C.W.'s price of $109.99 though.
But they also have THIS one, for $69.99

I'm pretty sure someone here had one of them on their Vulcan.

I couldn't find the 'Double Bubble' one there, although I have seen it before, maybe on eBay also?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I'm talking about!

I KNEW I was describing it wrong. :BLAM: I saw it in the JC Whitney catalog they sent me with the mirrors I ordered. Thanks guys for the help! I do have one follow up question - does anyone have one of these or know someone that has one of these on their bikes (or something pretty close)? I'm trying to block the wind but stay as minimalist as possible. Although this one is kinda short, so am I, so it should work out great - I'd just like to see it in place B4 spending the $$.....

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
What one you talking about?

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
2fas4u: Nice bike! Who makes the pipes? and where did you get the driver's back rest? Very cool.

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice. I appreciate the info, feedback and pic. It did drive home a point though - that I definitely need the paint I tracked down in another thread. The black wouldn't look TOO bad on my bike, but it would look way better if the color matched. I think I'll leave the screen smoked though. To echo dt650 - where'd you get the driver's backrest? Looks like another nice mod that I could use. Just don't anyone tell my wife!

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
2fas4u that little fairing looks great, you've almost talked me into getting one. What did you do with the bike's horns? Did the fairing cover them up or did you relocate them? I couldn't tell from your picture. :confused:

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
2fas4u that little fairing looks great, you've almost talked me into getting one. What did you do with the bike's horns? Did the fairing cover them up or did you relocate them? I couldn't tell from your picture. :confused:
I removed the plastic Kawasaki plate, then flipped the horns to the top of the bracket. The are covered by the fairing. I have since installed 2 car horns. Can you hear me now? :rockon:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well done guys, all those fairings look and work good.
But maybe you should consider something smaller more akin to a street fighter look if you can.
I bought a national cycle flyscreen dark tinted, the results...Everyone that has seen it loves the look, plus it really deflects wind even at 80MPH, and does not intrude the view angle. You should check it out

1 - 20 of 23 Posts