Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for spoked wheel for my 1986 VN750 and have been coming up empty handed. I was wondering if there is any aftermarket set out there on the market or can is the another shaft driven motorcycle thats spoked wheel will fit ours? Just wondering but i think im SOL.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
That's an interesting question that I don't believe I've heard here or on the yahoo forum before. Most of us feel like it is a benefit to have the non spoked wheels and tubeless tires. Since every 700 and 750 Vulcan have always had mags, I doubt you will find spokes for them.

Why are you interested in spokes?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
The VN500 & VN800 have spoked wheels, but they're both chain drive :mad:
Can't say I've ever seen a 750 w/ spokes.
I did find THIS custom one, with rear disc brakes while looking for a pic of one though. (none in Y!'s 1900+ photos of 750's)

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
TheBoy said:
Im looking for spoked wheel for my 1986 VN750 and have been coming up empty handed. I was wondering if there is any aftermarket set out there on the market or can is the another shaft driven motorcycle thats spoked wheel will fit ours? Just wondering but i think im SOL.
There is a reason that I like the VN750 and my Nomad. There is a reason why I never liked the VN800, VN1500D/E Classic. That reason is spokes... It is hard enough to clean the mags. Cleaning spokes is a plain nightmare... Plus, with spokes, you have to then go with tubes. The rims get out of alignment much easer and they are just a plain pain in the ass.

I doubt that you will ever find spoked rims for the VN750. It would compare to taking a human and knocking them down to a chimp. It just would not make sense...

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
hyperbuzzin, do you know the owner of that bike or pic? i wanna know what he did to convert from driveshaft. i would love to have a kevlar belt drive when i am done with mine in 5+ years...

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Hmm, I don't have a clue.
The site it came from seems to be in Rio de Janeiro, and the pic's url says 2005, but I don't know if that might be the year of the bike ???
I can't tell that it's belt or shaft drive ?
I couldn't find the pic on the site, but I did find THIS other custom Vulcan.
If I do find any other info, I'll be sure to post it. :smiley_th

·
Registered
495 Posts
the web address says concourso... doesn't that mean it is a concourse and not a vulcan ?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I believe that's the name of the event: "Concurso De Motos Customizadas 2005 (or 2006)"
I tried an online translators to translate the website and it says the bikes in the event aren't custom as far as using aftermarket bolt on stuff, but 'completly custom built' with, for the most part, only the engines being original.

·
Registered
495 Posts
so that one uses a vn750 engine? I couldn't see the final drive... was it a shaft drive, belt or chain - do you know?

kait

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Nope, I don't know.
You do mean the all black one, right?
It definatly has different wheels, so it could be a custom built belt or chain drive.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yeah the black one. It looks cool, but I bet it isn't very comfortable to ride.

Of course I am short (30" inseam) and as much as I love the look of the bigger or custom bikes, I know better than to think I could easily jump on them and ride 'em. It is one of the best things about the VN750... I can reach the ground and the handlebars.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Well, atleast they didn't make it a hardtail !!
I have thought about putting on lower handlebars, not as low as the ones in the pic though. But certainly not raking the front end out like that one

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Um, what is this?

·
Registered
495 Posts
wow :wow: and I thought the Vulcan 2000 was the biggest... then again, I saw a Valkyrie yesterday, (It might have been the Rune) the thing was so big the guy riding it couldn't lean at all to go around a corner in town. He was straight up and down turning the bars like it was a steering wheel... weird... It looked like a car engine had been put in place of a motorcycle engine... 6 exhaust ports...into two. It was really beautiful in its own way... but huge.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Huge ??
That'd be the Boss Hoss. Chevy 350, 8 cyl. !!!!!!!!
But too many of them are trailered to a show and never ridin' for more than a few miles at most.
Thought you might like this one Kait, John Deere version (but no plow LOL).....

·
Registered
495 Posts
I love it Hyper! God I would love to have that bike in my garage just to freak out the neighbor who is always mowing at 6am! I will be forwarding it to all my pals too.... thanks!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Kait, there's alot of other pics of it HERE.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Eriefisherman said:
Triumph rocket 111 2300 cc three cyl. fuel inj. 147 ft lb of torque.
Ah ha, That explains why there's 3 straps on the saddlebags !!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts