Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2006 750 and I'm gonna be taking another long trip on it this spring, about 4000 miles. Gonna try the spline lube job myself, just to make sure before I leave. Anyone out there give me the proper parts to have and a good place to order from?
I think we gotta have 2 rubber seals and the moly....and grab your rosary and pray for me....
Riggs

·
Registered
245 Posts
Here's the best deal (with shipping) that I've found. I purchased it from the same place, and had very fast shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genuine-Pro-Honda-Moly-60-Paste-New-Package-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5640b25fefQQitemZ370452619247QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

My bike is an 05 with 5k miles, and the splines were already lubed from the factory. (maybe they finally started doing it consistently in the last couple years???)

Anyway, all I needed was the grease. The o-ring was still in good shape. I'd say, with yours being an 06, you shouldn't need a new o-ring... but you never know. An old toothbrush is good for brushing the grease down into the splines. Don't forget to do the front splines as well, and use the correct special 60% moly spline grease in the link. Regular grease will NOT do.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
4,766 Posts
You can get a whole box of O-rings from Lowes cheaper than you can buy one O-ring from Kawasaki!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
You will be set if you do what these gentlemen said. You will ride with security of knowing your splines are lubed and spirits of riders that have come before you will ride with you and ensure your safe and enjoyable trip. Thanks for your service!

·
Registered
18 Posts
spline lube

Put the bike up on the center stsnd and a 2x6 remove the shocks and disconnect the brake rod connection. use a small jack to adjust the bike to the correct height to remove the rear axle and not hit the exhaust pipes.
The o ring was perfect and only new lube and a new cotter pin was needed. half day job.
good luck
Bob

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
You can tie the center stand to the front tire to ensure that you don't push the bike off the stand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts