Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
It is not hard to do, took me about 45 minutes to do.
You can argue the fact of the dry splines and say Kawasaki should pay for it.
I would say they should not charge more than 1 hour for it, I don't know what your dealer charges for labor.
I just put picts of a good spline in the Maint section of the gallery.

·
Geek
872 Posts
Quite a few of us have posted pict's in the gallery, and setp by step write up's. You can do it !

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
We'll cheer you on! Go for it, and we'll all be here! The dealer could probably charge you an hour + and there's still no guarantee that he actually pulled the wheel and did the job (you'd have to check it yourself to be assured of that, per other posts).

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Yeah, unless they'll let you watch them do it, and you're cool with paying a bunch of money to do that, I wouldn't trust them to even know what you mean by checking the splines lube. Plus, most shops don't carry the moly 60 lube you need to be using anyway. If you're determined to pay someone to do it, you'll probably have to provide the moly.
If you were around here, I'd help you do it and it wouldn't cost you anything!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Check around for local riding clubs see who they use. Find a local shop (not dealer) ask about lubing your splines, most little shops, if you buy your parts there, will offer you a good blob of molly for free. Thats how I got mine! A free blob of molly in a plastic bag from a shop (not dealer). Yes it was molly 60. They specialize in Honda trike mods, but service a very wide variety of bike with skill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts