Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever taken the speedo/tach/dash off of a Vulcan? Looks 100% better! Want to do this but have a couple problems.

1. Headlight won't work without dash.
2. Still need speedo by law.
3. Fuel gauge is a good thing.

Any solutions or after market ideas out there? Ill post how my bike looks without them shortly. I know u will want to do the same when u see it!

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
1. I'm sure you could wire it direct with a toggle somehow!
2. G.P.S.?
3. fill up at 120-130 miles

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gps

Not sure what u mean by GPS???

·
Registered
57 Posts
Global positioning system....

I have taken the dashboard off my 750 and I put all the extra wire in the headlight housing.... I still use the same speedo but everything works just fine, I dont have any issues

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what gps is but how will that take the place of a speedo?

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Use the Speedo App on your cell phone.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How r u using the speedo without dash? Any pics? Tell me more!

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can build a bracket for the speedo and bolt it to the triple tree or anywhere you have a bolt. If you take the screw off the back side of the speedometer, you will see how the stock one is on there, you just need to take that nut off, and use piece of strap metal, drill a couple holes and bend the metal to your liking....

Thats not very in depth but Ill get you a picture or two in the next couple days

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok cool! Sounds good! I also found a speedo app for my iphone 4. Seems to work perfect. Just got to mount it some way. Maybe I keep the tach instead and use the iphone for speed. Now what about the fuel gauge...mmm ride till it sputters, hit reserve and head to the gas station?!! haha

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

picture with seat mod, gauges and dash removed. Next thing is paint and slam!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh and those dang ears need shaving!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
new profile pic with mod seat and gauges/dash removed. new sig test 123..

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
I like it. If you're doin all that, might think about lowering the headlight some to get rid of that "praying mantis" look. It'll show off the nice clean bars.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lowering headlight

I like it. If you're doin all that, might think about lowering the headlight some to get rid of that "praying mantis" look. It'll show off the nice clean bars.
And how would one do such a thing? I like the idea tho!:smiley_th

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
Well dang, you had to ask me! I can't seem to find it, but I've seen it mentioned a time or two around here. I'm thinkin you'd have to fab up your own brackets to replace the stock ones.

I'll probably have to stare at the headlight a little next time I'm in the garage...

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Somebody on this forum said he used a tank from another Kawasaki cruiser (I think it was a 900, but can't remember) that has the speedometer on the tank. So there's an idea.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Yes you can lower the headlight one to two and a half inches by simply getting longer bolts and fitting a spacer between the stock headlight bracket and the triple clamp. I lowered mine one inch, cost was under five bucks.

You can buy nylon and steel spacers at Lowes.
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/knifemaker1954/1490874356/

I always find it funny when someone wants to trash the speedo/tach/instrument panel. It was the one thing that really attracted me to the bike.....no accounting for taste I suppose...;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts