Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, does anyone know how many illumination lights there are in the speedometer. Guessing 2. I just hooked up a kury voltmeter to the aux lines in the headlight bucket and I'm thinkin' if I accidentally yanked something while I was in there the tach lights would be gone too?? right? would make sense that they would be on the same circuit. but both (or all) the speedo lights at the same time is weird too. Don't know, maybe one was out already, hadn't really noticed. Right now I'm working overnights, hopefully not too much longer, but doing quite a bit of night riding. Anybody been in there to replace these bulbs?

Thanks for any help.

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
I replaced one on the tach. It was simple enough to do, easier than finding the bulb to begin with. Take off the back cover and there will be two wires going to what looks like grommets. They're 12 volt 3 watt bulbs. Best bet if you have a bad one is to take it with you to get a new one. A good parts guy won't look at the model, he'll look at the bulb for a possible fit.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
First things first - got back in the bucket and sure as he11 one of the connection plugs had popped loose:BLAM:. All is well.
I've only had her since Nov. brought her back to life and on the road by the end of March. Don't believe in jinxes but would I piss a lot of people off if I said this equals the worst electrical problem I've had. Had to deal with a bit of corrosion on one of the front blinker bulb connection when I first picked her up.

Thanks again

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
First things first - got back in the bucket and sure as he11 one of the connection plugs had popped loose:BLAM:. All is well.
I've only had her since Nov. brought her back to life and on the road by the end of March. Don't believe in jinxes but would I piss a lot of people off if I said this equals the worst electrical problem I've had. Had to deal with a bit of corrosion on one of the front blinker bulb connection when I first picked her up.

Thanks again
Guess it's a good thing I don't pi$$ off easy... There's a brown wire in the harness that feeds what seems like dang near everything electrical in the front of the bike. My rear brake light switch went bad, blew the main fuse & by the time I was done trying to redneck engineer it so I could ride home, I'd fried half of the harness...

You're lucky man. Hope you stay that way!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd fried half of the harness...

You're lucky man. Hope you stay that way!

Again, I haven't had her long but I believe I have had a bit of luck.
With the voltmeter and r/r relocation I'm hoping it'll hold out for awhile.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got runway lights for my speedo
Runway lights, wow. Whatever you're lookin' for down there must either be hard to find or you're damn proud of it! LOL

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
for your future refernce the lil bulbs are #74 and the bigger ones are #194 bulbs
i got mine on ebay in groups of ten so id have xtras
the bigger ones also fit my car interior lights to
i put in led bulbs in mine to cut the elect drain
but if you do that buy the smd type leds (they look like lil computer chips)
the other kind failed on me twice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts