Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, my speedometer cable is broken and needs to be replaced. any suggestions/advice on what to get? it looks like the male piece that connects to the gears on the wheel has a slot down the middle that i havent seen on replacement cables.

thanks! happy riding
orion

·
2,528 Posts
Go to a Kawasaki dealer and order one for about $20.00, they might even have it in stock so you could fix it right away.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Go to a Kawasaki dealer and order one for about $20.00, they might even have it in stock so you could fix it right away.
X2^^^^^ I had to replace my speedo cable about 2 months ago. The local Kawi dealer had to order it in from Calgary and I only had to wait a day or two for it. Price was $23 to 25 CAN.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Is anyone elses speedo like loud whirlin around in there?
Yeah, it shouldn't be "whirlin" around. Take it off and make sure its greased up. I use regular red bearing grease that's layin around the garage in mine.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Shove grease up in the housing and on the cable end?
smear it all over the cable and get it into the sheath as best you can without it oozing all out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just replaced mine..~$25 from dealer who ordered one. I slid the wire out and rubbed grease end to end as I was told the manufacture's grease was no good and not enough is used.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts