Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A weird thing happened today. I took the Vulcan to work today and had to run an errand in the middle of the day. Heading out for the errand I suddenly noticed the speedometer wasnt registering. After 3-4 miles of freeway driving I got to my destination and went in. Coming back out I saw the speedo cable laying under the bike; it was still attached to the front axle and I guess I had dragged it down the freeway. I tried to put it back but apparently never quite got it threaded as it came off again in a few hundred yards. Luckily it fell on my foot peg and I was able to keep it from dragging on the ground. Before coming come I screwed it on again Nd this time it stayed on for the 5 mile ride home.

Has this happened to you? Is it time to replace the cable? It's banged up and scratched from its ride on the freeway.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
If the speedo still works. I would just tighten it with some pliers. You might want to relube it.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Yeah, I experienced the same more than once. I finally put some Lock-Tite on the threads.... no problem since.
Good Luck
WilliamTech

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
mine always loosens it self from the speedo head i retighten it and a few weeks later its loose again. i never had it fall off the bike it just loosens it self up .. im going to lock tight it on next ( i have been saying that for the last few years tho :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts