Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this link while checking out Facebook.

http://www.speedbleeder.com/

you can bleed your own brakes easily or so they claim. They are $7.00 dollars each.

·
Registered
100 Posts
In theory, they should work as long as the tiny check-valve ball seals. It would be a good idea to have a hose on the end of the bleeder in a container of clean brake fluid with the hose below the surface, to prevent fluid and or air from going backwards if the check-valve fails.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I use a tiny bleeder kit that works on the same principle. Works well!

·
Registered
738 Posts
I came across this link while checking out Facebook.

http://www.speedbleeder.com/

you can bleed your own brakes easily or so they claim. They are $7.00 dollars each.
I have SpeedBleeders on my VN750 and cars. Makes bleeding the brakes a snap (motorcycle or car). Just open the SpeedBleeders, pump the brakes, keep the brake fluid reservoir full and close the SpeedBleeders when you're done. Could not be easier and the only way to screw up is letting the brake fluid reservoir go dry. Easy to install too, just unscrew the old bleeder valve and screw in the SpeedBleeders.

The only downside to SpeedBleeders is you cannot reverse bleed (due to the one-way valve). However, you should never have to reverse bleed unless you let the brake fluid reservoir go dry or do major brake work (e.g., switch out the brake lines). For that, I would switch back to the old bleeder valves, reverse bleed and then reinstall the SpeedBleeders.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have SpeedBleeders on my VN750 and cars. Makes bleeding the brakes a snap (motorcycle or car). Just open the SpeedBleeders, pump the brakes, keep the brake fluid reservoir full and close the SpeedBleeders when you're done. Could not be easier and the only way to screw up is letting the brake fluid reservoir go dry. Easy to install too, just unscrew the old bleeder valve and screw in the SpeedBleeders.
Maybe this should be part of the Vulcan verses since there are quite a bit of posts on brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts