Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thank for the post Ruger. Just want to show Blanche's new SR777's front 110/90-19 rear 170/80B15. Ruger sold them to me 2 years ago!!! Time flies when your having fun. Took her out yesterday .They handle better and are more comfortable than the Dunlop 404's IMO. I'd buy them again. I replaced the fork seals and put in progressive springs to lower Blanche two inches.I don't see any difference in the height. Even though these tires are bigger I think she sits about the same distance off the ground. I'm 5'-4" and I'm comfortable on her, don't have to tip toe. If I hadn't got these tires from Ruger I'd probly got the 110/90-19 for the front and gone to the Dark Side on the back. Hope this helps any one who's looking for tires. Ride safe.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Forgot to mention greased the speedometer cable while it was apart. 21,000 on it.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
At 5'7" I believe our VN's are a best choice bike for us. I lowered the rear 1" with gas shocks - Nice.

How'd you get a 170 to fit the rear? My 777 160 is a tight fit.

·
Registered
121 Posts
At 5'7" I believe our VN's are a best choice bike for us. I lowered the rear 1" with gas shocks - Nice.

How'd you get a 170 to fit the rear? My 777 160 is a tight fit.
Hi Dirtrack650, To install : remove the final drive bolts an pull the final drive unit straight back . This gives the extra space required to get the wheel back on. I'm using Progressive shocks 11" on the rear an I'm comfortable.This bike is a perfect size for us munchkins.

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Hi Dirtrack650, To install : remove the final drive bolts an pull the final drive unit straight back . This gives the extra space required to get the wheel back on. I'm using Progressive shocks 11" on the rear an I'm comfortable.This bike is a perfect size for us munchkins.
170 is the usual oversize for the rear, that's what I used and didn't have to pull the final drive. There may have been a bit of a squeeze getting it through the swingarm, but it went right on.

Knew that I needed both tires, but found out last week the rear has cords showing in one spot, the spot where I slid the rear dodging a deer. Shocked me to realize that spot was showing on my last ride or two. Yikes!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thank for the post Ruger. Just want to show Blanche's new SR777's front 110/90-19 rear 170/80B15. Ruger sold them to me 2 years ago!!! Time flies when your having fun. Took her out yesterday .They handle better and are more comfortable than the Dunlop 404's IMO. I'd buy them again. I replaced the fork seals and put in progressive springs to lower Blanche two inches.I don't see any difference in the height. Even though these tires are bigger I think she sits about the same distance off the ground. I'm 5'-4" and I'm comfortable on her, don't have to tip toe. If I hadn't got these tires from Ruger I'd probly got the 110/90-19 for the front and gone to the Dark Side on the back. Hope this helps any one who's looking for tires. Ride safe.
How is ride on new progressive springs, comparing to stock springs ? Thank you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi ,Gorstak & everyone . The new progressive springs are IMO much better. Much smoother than the stock springs.I would buy them again.They would be a must for me.Hope this helps everyone.Ride safe!

Reactions: Gorstak
1 - 10 of 10 Posts