Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI this is my recent experience. When I stopped and filled up with gas my bike would occassionally back fire, rather loudly. Plus it seemed on hot days I would have trouble stalling at stops. Well, I figured a had a gas mixture/carb issue/venting problem.

Well, I finally got around to installing some new spark plugs since I bought my Vulcan with 12K miles on her and she now has 21k and counting. Wow what a difference. Wish I would have done this earlier. She always started pretty good except sometimes after I had been riding a while she would be fickle. Well not anymore! Plus no more backfiring and she rides with a little more umph at higher speeds. Just thought I'd share. Don't wait like I did. Put the plugs in! The sooner the better! Good riding!

NGK iridium DPR7EIX-9

Thanks to all you posters providing advice!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I wish I had taken a picture of one of the plugs that came out of mine. 13k miles and I pulled champions out of it. The fronts were fine but the backs were carbon fouled, the deep one had no bottom electrode at all. After some carb work a couple of weeks ago I pulled the NGK ones today and the looked just perfect. It sure it's nice fixing it yourself and making it run well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put Iridium plugs in mine today and ended up having to adjust the idle down. The old plugs looked fine. I'm curious to see what they do for gas mileage. Not that 55 was bad by any means.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I run stocks and they run fine...easy starting, no backfiring and 58 mpg out of a 1985....but then again, I spent a lot of time properly ballancing fuel/air/exhast...not all can "just do that"...its trial and error, and a lot of experience....so for those who dont have the time or know how, iridiums are a must...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts