Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. So I picked up some iridium plugs and was about to replace them but I'm noticing for some reason my spark plugs and socket won't lock on to any of the plugs. Any tips for getting the old ones out? I'm not sure why my socket isn't working out it seems like it might be a clearance issue maybe?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Couldn't tell from your post, are you using a socket specifically for spark plugs? They're much deeper than normal sockets and usually have an o-ring inside them to help pull the plug from the hole once it is unscrewed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
18mm thin walled?
I've been successful with an 18mm spark plug socket without the wall being thin. The most trouble I had was the retail auto parts guy saying an 18mm spark plug socket didn't exist. Ultimately got it from Home Depot. I wanted to take it to the auto parts guy to show him the mythical 18mm spark plug socket.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I need a thin walled one. I can get two out of four no problem. It's the two further into the cylinder head that are giving me issues. Any tips for shaving down my socket?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I found the Kawasaki OEM thin walled 18mm socket on Amazon for $15.00. Anyone have a recommendation on plugs?

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts