Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to check/change th eplugs on my beast but I cannot find a tool that will get to the sunken plugs.

Can anyone name a tool make/model that fits? Preferably UK or Europe as postage from US is a killer but anything is better than nothing.

Many thanks in advance.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Thinwall 18mm deepwell socket.

I used a craftsman. Not sure what's available on the other side of the pond though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thankfully my bike came with the Kawi tool set. The spark plug socket fits perfect. Perhaps Kawi sells the socket????

After replacing the plugs with the OEM recommended the bike starts easier.

Stone

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers.

Grinding is not really an option for me so I will have to try and find a tool that fits.

I am sure I could buy one from Kaw but it would probably be cheaper to replace the top half of the engine :wow:

I will keep looking but please post any brands that I might be able to get hold of in the UK.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Something you might try is visit some auto parts stores and take a few 18mm long sockets off their rack and go out to the bike and see if the wall is too thick?? I know most of the shops here have individual sockets all over the walls of different brands that maybe you'll get lucky and find one that is thin walled enough. Just a thought. Or someone over here can find you one and mail it to you. I'd do that for ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts