Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size socket is required to remove spark plugs? Also, engine will not turn over. Any ideas as to problen/solution? I have a fully charged battery.

·
Git-R-Done!
282 Posts
Hi Jack,

Sorry about your starting problem. The socket is an 18mm - and I can verify that, because I picked one up yesterday to change my plugs (I'm having an issue keeping my running AFTER it's started).

As far as that goes, and forgive me if I am patronizing, but the red "Run" switch on the right handlebar didn't get flipped to 'Off' did it? That has even gotten me a time or 2.

Good luck : )

AZ Kev

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
What size socket is required to remove spark plugs? Also, engine will not turn over. Any ideas as to problen/solution? I have a fully charged battery.
X2 -It is an 18 mm plug wrench.

Does the relay/solenoid click?
Starter tries but engine is seized?
Or do you get no response at all when the start button is pushed?

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Just a note, I heard craftsman 18mm deepwell socket fits well, others work, but not all. I had a duralast 18mm Deepwell and it was too wide at the tip. Had to use a lathe to remove about 1mm in diameter around the end of the socket for it to fit down in the recessed plug ports around the socket.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Just a note, I heard craftsman 18mm deepwell socket fits well, others work, but not all. I had a duralast 18mm Deepwell and it was too wide at the tip. Had to use a lathe to remove about 1mm in diameter around the end of the socket for it to fit down in the recessed plug ports around the socket.
and you heard correctly:smiley_th

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
X2 -It is an 18 mm plug wrench.

Does the relay/solenoid click?
Starter tries but engine is seized?
Or do you get no response at all when the start button is pushed?
I do not have any response when the start button is pushed. The turn signals work but the headlight lamp will not come on manually.

Thanks for the information regarding the socket size.

·
Registered
273 Posts
:wow:
You might try to wiggle the ig switch. the contacts may be worn. have this problem with my mistress, and she can be cantankerous with this problem.:smiley_th:beerchug:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Just a note, I heard craftsman 18mm deepwell socket fits well, others work, but not all.
LOL; what Denny said. Also, the 18mm deep socket from Autozone will work, unless they changed brands recently.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
I purchased a Master Mechanic 18mm Deep Socket from Ace Hardware which worked. FYI, Crescent socket did not.

·
Registered
57 Posts
the craftsman socket that came with my set worked just fine, so I am going to assume that the regular craftsman 18mm deep well will work. Just pay sears a visit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is a connector under the tank (left side) for the starter button. Did you have the tank off? Possibly worked loose!

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
the craftsman socket that came with my set worked just fine, so I am going to assume that the regular craftsman 18mm deep well will work. Just pay sears a visit.
I have been to my local Sears and requested the deep 18 mm thin wall socket by number and they did not have it and when they checked the computer they could not locate one at any store in NJ. Also I was told that I could not order it. They told me to just come in and ask every month or so to see if they get one in. I will check on line ordering myself next.

·
Super Moderator
11,944 Posts
I have been to my local Sears and requested the deep 18 mm thin wall socket by number and they did not have it and when they checked the computer they could not locate one at any store in NJ. Also I was told that I could not order it. They told me to just come in and ask every month or so to see if they get one in. I will check on line ordering myself next.
Wow. Jersey sucks... LOL. Look here:
http://m.sears.com/productdetails.do?partNumber=00944435000P&sid=&psid=

·
Registered
483 Posts
Km. why is Kanucks logo beside your name ? Just curious.

·
Registered
483 Posts
And now beside mine ? Lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts