Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a spare throttle cable laying around they can spare (acceleration cable, not throttle return)? I was on my way to the post office to ship out a part for a fellow member when my cable broke at the throttle control. I was able to take it off ,and replace it with the return cable, it has some play in it but works till I properly fix it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I do have a throttle cable available. shoot me a PM with your offer :)

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
If you take a pair if vise grips, you can bend that cable mount forward some to take up the slack ;) ....I been riding like that for a season and a half....will get ya thru until ya get a new one...

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a throttle cable available. shoot me a PM with your offer :)
. Pm sent

If you take a pair if vise grips, you can bend that cable mount forward some to take up the slack ;) ....I been riding like that for a season and a half....will get ya thru until ya get a new one...
Thanks brother, ill keep that in mind if it gets too annoying. I took her for a spin, about 20 miles or so. It didn't bother me too bad. I'm not really worried about the slop in the hand control, just wanted to make sure it wasn't gonna rattle loose from the housing, but I got both nuts on either side of the guide wrenched down pretty good. Just gotta keep an eye on it in between runs.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Jest be careful like that bro....I tried it as is for a week, and it slipped out of the carb end on me (backroad, no cars)....tried a spring in between the carb and the mount and removed the lower nut...didnt work well either....

Either bend for now, or stay on backroads until fixed with the stock cable....its soft steel and bends easy...bends back easy too....shame the 2 cables are two lengths....bet they did that on purpose just so's you coudnt do different....bastiges....

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, they can't let us be too resourceful, stinky batturds,lol. Anyway I've got a cable on the way, thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts