Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a VN750 and sometimes it pop pop pops when changing gears and so on. It isnt a backfire I dont believe, but it is the typical Harley sound. The seller said its the nature of these bikes (V-Twins I am assuming he means). I dont mind the sound at all but is this true or is it a fuel mixture issue or something else?

As I said, dont believe it is a backfire since it never happens when just riding, just when I change gears, is when it seems it happen and if I am more careful with my throttle it will not do it. Typically gearing down to slow the bike does it also.

Any comments? Other than that , the bike runs strong.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes it is backfiring and it is very common to our Vulcans.
The question is do you like it or you want to eliminate it? I personally miss it sometimes. Read the Verses!:rockon:

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
the 750 has those reed valves that inject extra air from intake into exhaust manifold when you roll of the throttle to help burn the unburned fuel in the exhaust. so as a result you can hear pops on decel. unless the bike marbled or coastered that is

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I like the PopPopPoppityPopPop Brrrrrrrrrrrr PopPopPop too :rockon:
More than a few I've rode with have said with it, they know when I'm slowing down even before I hit the brakes.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I like my pop pop pop too! and it sounds good with the h.d. pipes I got on mine but still isn't too overly loud.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Mine popped so much, I really hated it. So I coastered it, and now it does it only very rarely. Don't miss it a bit!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts