Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally opened the engine covers to see what happened to my first bike. I was having trouble shifting sometimes, the wouldn't shift up and sometimes it would jump up to the next gear or drop out down without me doing anything. I thought it was from the dogs being warn but after removing the cover this is what I got. I haven't ID these parts yet but one of these gears failed I think and I should have stopped and not have tried to get home. This may have been fixable if didn't try and go twenty more miles with it. any thoughts as to what happened? lesson learned don't do what I did

Attachments

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Ye olde balancer failure.

Looks like the balancer gear was eating the shifter shaft too, so maybe it was doing the shifting on it's own.

That's about the worst I've seen. Most just chew up the case, ... replace the case, redo balancer bushings, move on. Your's looks like pretty complete destruction. Vibration should have been pretty bad. Hands didn't go numb?

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Even clipped two posts off the damper weight!

Dibs on the light bar! >:)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
my parts bikes motor looked like that

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Reactions: jgs000

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I buy light bars up, just found one on ebay for 50 buck with mounts for vulcan, one head light on these bikes ain't enough at night

1 - 6 of 6 Posts