Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just got back from a 2,000 mile trip. Went through the Virginia's, Down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Deals Gap, and home through Kentucky. Had a blast.

While on the dragon, I thought I was doing a great job scrapping pegs on the turns. Sees that I was taking it a step further and scrapping frame on some of the turns. :wow: doesn't leave much room for error there.

·
200% senile
164 Posts
Awesome pics! Luv that green machine! A bunch of the Mean Streak riders will be there next week for a ride and get together. Unfortunately I won't be one of them.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! My brother and I had a great time. Working on uploading and maybe editing (for time?) a video of us on "highway" WV-74. I use the term highway very loosely. The road was a damn goat path...

We also did a small portion of 28 as we passed through Cherokee, and also hit up the Devil's Triangle as we passed through Knoxville.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What!! NO RAIN?????:boxing:
We got rained on ONCE for about 5 minutes somewhere in KY rolling up 75N. Poured like crazy out of nowhere, then stopped just as sudden. We were dry again in about an hour.

It also rained last night while we were sleeping, but I'm not going to count that since we were sleeping and nice and dry in our tents.

I've actually had great luck this season with rain despite how much of it we've had. It seems to stop raining just long enough for me to commute to or from work.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So here is the video my brother took of us on West Virginia "highway" 74. This one was pretty fun and I want to try and make my way down to it again sometime.

I've edited it down some to cut out all of the extra crap, but it's taking awhile to finalize. If its still showing over an hour long, just jump in to about 10 minutes, and we finish the road at about 40 minutes.

WV-74 - aka-The Goat Path

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
We need to send Merc down there with his Drifter.....just follow the sparks....great pics NDR !....:beerchug:

When i ride it, I'll be the one all get ticked off at fer goin too slow, lol.....I can hear horns honkin now.....HAY....I putt....sloooowww and lazy river rides is what i like......

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,732 Posts
We need to send Merc down there with his Drifter.....just follow the sparks....great pics NDR !....:beerchug:

When i ride it, I'll be the one all get ticked off at fer goin too slow, lol.....I can hear horns honkin now.....HAY....I putt....sloooowww and lazy river rides is what i like......
hey, let me know when you go Wolfie, so I can ride with ya. hell, we can ride abreast and start a parade! lol hell, riding the Dragon, just maybe the only thing that will slow my wife down,she's a damn speed demon! lol

·
200% senile
164 Posts

That's me too! :) My excuse is I'm 66 years old, feeble and 120% senile. LOL
My son is the one who flys thru the curves dragging everything and wearing the sides of his tires off.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
Speaking of, I got seriously dumped on yesterday. ALMOST made it home before the gods said, "I don't think so."

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Go down in the middle of the week. There was hardly anyone there on Monday at 2pm, and the road was almost abandoned by 6pm. Even the photographers were gone by then.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
So here is the video my brother took of us on West Virginia "highway" 74. This one was pretty fun and I want to try and make my way down to it again sometime.

I've edited it down some to cut out all of the extra crap, but it's taking awhile to finalize. If its still showing over an hour long, just jump in to about 10 minutes, and we finish the road at about 40 minutes.

WV-74 - aka-The Goat Path
Tells me it's private and won't let me open/play it...
Anyway here is another 74 in S.E. Ky. that's a hoot...
From Middlesboro Ky. to Morley Tn., via Ky. 74 & Tn. 90, then you can turn South on US 25W and still have a good ride, even to the devil's triangle if you know the roads...

http://mapshare.delorme.com/Consumer/V.aspx?p=jlpt14db

Seems y'all had a real good trip ...:motorcycl...

That's me too! :) My excuse is I'm 66 years old, feeble and 120% senile. LOL
My son is the one who flys thru the curves dragging everything and wearing the sides of his tires off.
Evidently my son & I do the opposite, he rides a Road King geezer glide and I do the Sportster thing, I'm 77 yo and a bit more feeble & senile, but I am slowing a bit too...lol...
FOB---Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
200% senile
164 Posts
Evidently my son & I do the opposite, he rides a Road King geezer glide and I do the Sportster thing, I'm 77 yo and a bit more feeble & senile, but I am slowing a bit too...lol...
77...heck man, you're my hero to still be out there riding hard. :notworthy

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Video fixed. Should now be viewable.

Edit:
It was also WV-72. not 74...

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's the route on Google maps...

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
77...heck man, you're my hero to still be out there riding hard. :notworthy
Well I don't ride too hard anymore, the smoothness seems to be slip slidin away, and goin more to herky jerky...lol...
But as long as we're ridin we're enjoyin it, except when it rains...lol...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Sounds like you fellers need to follow Old Dog through the dragon. I mean like heck, he's 77 now and slows down so he want run over the crotch rockets from behind when he goes through there.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
looks like im headed south in september to the dragon. probably taking most of the same roads you did.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Sounds like you fellers need to follow Old Dog through the dragon. I mean like heck, he's 77 now and slows down so he want run over the crotch rockets from behind when he goes through there.
LMFAO ! Good one !

Experienced, I am sure he's done the dragon more times than accurately count (over the multiple-many years).

:smiley_th

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Old Dog,,, the rain was good for you,,,, kinda rehydrates the skin although it can make a person's butt kind of wrinkly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts