Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been messing with my bike all of this year trying to get rid of the fast idle after getting it warmed up. I tried new carb boots, cleaned the carbs 2 times, cans of Seafoam, etc. I think that I found the solution 2 weeks ago. My air filters were rotton from being old ('86 Vulcan) when I tried to clean them in the spring. I made some air filters from an air filter from one of my atv's. I had cut a piece of foam and put it inside of the airbox all the way up next to the base. Some one said to move the foam out away from the base. I did this an the 750 idles like it should now.
What we figured out was the CV carbs were not getting enough air causing the slides to stay open. This sounds crazy but it has been working for me the past 2 weeks. I have been waiting for the past 2 weeks for my shop to get the correct filters. Maybe some of you that have this same problem might check your filters to see if the air is passing thought the filters. You might have to much oil on the filters or something else thats creates a vacuum to hold the slides open.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts