Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stock seat mod?

How would I attach the seat if I cut it down to a solo seat? because that would remove the part where it would normally bolt on

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
I would ask slimvulcanrider. He did a similar mod to his seat. Do a search with the words seat and slimvulcanrider and see what shows up.

Another option is to find a single seat that you like and make it work either by modifying the seat, making brackets (or finding some that work) or in some cases, minor mods to the frame. If you go this route, sell the stock seat once you're done with the mid to recoup some of the cost.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
my solo seat that I was running on my bike, was not a stock seat pan, I built a one off custom fiberglass pan. My second attempt at a seat, I hacked off the passenger seat on the stock pan, and then made a metal bracket to attach it to the slash guard between splash guard and frame. My next seat is going to be way different, I have hacked up the rear fender and removed a huge section of frame, so I am going to end up welding a piece of flat bar to the frame between the shock mounts to hold the seat on.

your best bet is to set the seat pan down onto the bike, and look at every where close to where the seat touches the frame, and then use your creative imagination.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay thanks guys! I'll try to get creative with it.

My other option would be to buy a spring seat but since they don't make any bolt-on kits for our bikes I might not have the skills to mount it.

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
There are several members who have done a similar mod. Might be easier than you think. Try a search on single seat conversion and see what comes up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are several members who have done a similar mod. Might be easier than you think. Try a search on single seat conversion and see what comes up.

I've looked at some threads but none of them have really shown how to do it. I think I understand how I would need to mount it- I just don't know if I could make the brackets and all of that.

Maybe somebody here could make them and I could pay them?

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
look at the VN900 Seat mods... most get into great detail on how they mount the seats. also check out wolfie's thread on his bike in projects and builds...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts