Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We have upgraded our forum software to the latest and greatest version. This new version has lots of new features that will deter spam and will hopefully cutback on the grief we've been experiencing lately.

As always, major upgrades like these will cause some little nagging glitches and minor world-ending side-effects. If you cannot log in or you continuously get bounced out, visit THIS thread for a fix.

If you have any lingering issues or something...is....on....the....wing, just post your problems and take a ticket over in the Suggestions / Tech Support forum and we'll do our best to help you out.

Enjoy!

:motorcycl:motorcycl​

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
Thanks for all the hard work at keeping the sight running smooth.

·
Bandito
160 Posts
Is it me or is the site running sluggish since the upgrade?

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
You do good work Anthony.

Jon

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Thanks for the hard work you do with regards to the site.

It always reminds me that I should have written my password down somewhere!!!

·
Columbus, Ohio
523 Posts
Thanks

Thank you Dianna and Tony.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
I was wondering why I hadn't had to tackle any spammers lately *L*
I was just over looking at the Community tab. That's new, I believe least I never played with it before.
So far so good and I'm running Windows 7 and firefox.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Thank you both for making things run so smoothly.

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
I like the new community tab, too. The site did log me off the other day and I couldn't remember logging off, so I guess it was when the upgrade took efffect. Hasn't happened since. But the site does seem to take a bit longer to load posts than it used to.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
During the evening, the site most definitely will seems slower for the next 2-3 weeks until we move our monster website (lxforums.com) off of this server. During high traffic times, that website has upwards of 1,500 users all posting and browsing at the same time.

We are moving that website to its own server in the next couple of weeks. After that you should see a huge improvement in speed.

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
DMAG, I'm very impressed and appreciative of what's going on with the upgrading of this website. Can you let us know how much $$ are being spent on the servers and such? I'd like to contribute something toward the cost of all this.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DMAG, I'm very impressed and appreciative of what's going on with the upgrading of this website. Can you let us know how much $$ are being spent on the servers and such? I'd like to contribute something toward the cost of all this.
Your name is green my friend...you already did help!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Things are working fine here. Gonna check out the new stuff a little more.....

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
its been said, but i'm going to say it again...THANK YOU. i'm sure my $15 bucks won't go very far, so if you guys need help with any cost, ill be glad to help anyway i can. agian THANK YOU for all you guys do.

·
Bandito
160 Posts
Sweet, great to hear about the server change, page loads were slowing down to a crawl here lately.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
and to think there were less than 1000 of us when i signed up.

Reactions: denny6006
1 - 20 of 28 Posts