1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any experience doing your own repairs
Hobbies
What brought you here.

Hey all, I'm Nico from Los Angeles CA, currently working on my 02 vn750 in National City CA.
I've been riding for 10 years, and this bike (currently at just under 26k mi) got me home from Maine 3 years ago all the way across the country with no problems.

She's been sitting in the So-Cal heat--covered but outside---since the start of the pandemic to now, so couple years +, so I've been changing out any rubber hoses and giving her the tune-up. Oil, coolant, spark plugs, gear oil is coming up after I can get her started, new battery, and the front forks were already damaged before the pandemic--but thanks to this site, I have gotten those dis and re- assembled with bushings, seals and oil replaced.

The problem is that after sitting so long, she can crank, but it doesn't seem like air/fuel mix is getting to the spark plugs. I've checked and cleaned the tank, checked the carbs and fuel gets that far, but trying to start the bike, she just spits out what looks like dirty oil in the combustion chamber. Maybe it's the jets, but I'm looking for some of the expertise of more experienced riders who maintain their bikes before I have to get in there because that's such delicate work.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Was fuel drained from the carbs and tank before storing? If not, both probably need to be cleaned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts