Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, my spedometer stopped working and I was like come on!. Stopped at the next light and i was looking at the thing and a guy pulled up beside me and said "you got a wire hanging" I look down and there is the connector. I pulled over and tried to get it in, but it seemed short. I could not twist on the connector.

Any tips? Best way to run it back up to the spedometer so there is slack?

Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thanks..I'll give her a shot tomorrow...

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
it happened to me once i used teflon tape to tighten it havent had a problem since

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have some of that, good call...thanks

·
Registered
401 Posts
Happened to me when I first got my bike. Had to take the windshield lose to get to it. Hands are to big.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
If its short, it is either the wrong cable or routed wrong, try re-routing and be sure to have room to turn from stop to stop without binding...
It shouldn't come off if tightened properly, but if it did come off repeatedly I might thing about a speck of blue loc-tite or something...
Thats just me, others may see different & maybe better...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Same thing happened to me, mine was long enough to fit right back in but by the time someone told me while I was riding it had already been dragging for a while. :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya, mine dragged for a bi too ...lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I got the cable in, went in pretty nice, I was puting it around the forks for some reason, but then realized what I was trying to do and put it between the forks. Went in Beauty after that. I'll keep checking it until I get some lock tight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts