Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Out for a ride in the country side last night. While going down the road I saw a VN 750 waiting at the intersection to turn onto my road. I waved and then pulled over on the side of the road, flashers on, and waited for him. He just drove right by. I thought we could have a new member here.. Never saw the bike before.
:doh:

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Aw JM they are like that, they snub me all the time...lol...
Ha, ha, I couldn't pass it up since y'all gouge the Hardly riders on the snubbin part...lol...:beerchug:...
I know what you mean though, makes you feel kinda lousy when you try to be friendly and get snubbed, almost like gettin a bird thrown at you...lol...
Maybe he was blind in one eye, and couldn't see out of the other...
Shucks, I wave at scooters, sometimes even bicycles...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Maybe we can all believe that he just didnt have the time. He could have been running late and needed to be somewhere. Or was having a real bad day.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
OR maybe he thought you were some weirdo trying to harm him in some way :p lol

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Yeah, now that you mention it, he does kinda look like a weirdo..... :wow:

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aw JM they are like that, they snub me all the time...lol...
Ha, ha, I couldn't pass it up since y'all gouge the Hardly riders on the snubbin part...lol...:beerchug:...
I know what you mean though, makes you feel kinda lousy when you try to be friendly and get snubbed, almost like gettin a bird thrown at you...lol...
Maybe he was blind in one eye, and couldn't see out of the other...
Shucks, I wave at scooters, sometimes even bicycles...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...
Nope, I don't snub Harleys or anything on 2 wheels. In fact, a Harley rider probably would have stopped to see if I needed help. We don't get snubbed very much around here lol.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Heh...

Reminds me of back in the late 70's, my gf/now wife were riding my Suzuki 185 enduro through a local park....about 50 "Angels" came up the other way....I rode with them years later...but about half of them gave me the "fist up" sign, which back then meant "ride on dude"....
Snubs nowadays, IMO are just idiots trying to act like badasses. They snub ya, flash em the bird. Probably some doctor or lawyer anyway....losers....
Ride in, have fun....screw the others.....:beerchug:

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
Reminds me of back in the late 70's, my gf/now wife were riding my Suzuki 185 enduro through a local park....about 50 "Angels" came up the other way....I rode with them years later...but about half of them gave me the "fist up" sign, which back then meant "ride on dude"....
Snubs nowadays, IMO are just idiots trying to act like badasses. They snub ya, flash em the bird. Probably some doctor or lawyer anyway....losers....
Ride in, have fun....screw the others.....:beerchug:
Yep, most doctors or lawyers are losers. Million dollar homes, BMW 900 series autos, vacations in south sea islands to Europe, hot young wives.

Losers.

Just because some rider don't wave is no reason to flip them off, you are just showing the fact that you are indeed not their "brother".

You are just perpetuating the image of bikers being social misfits. Thanks.
:smiley_th

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Yep, most doctors or lawyers are losers. Million dollar homes, BMW 900 series autos, vacations in south sea islands to Europe, hot young wives.

Losers.
I wanna be a loser too!! :D

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Maybe we can all believe that he just didnt have the time. He could have been running late and needed to be somewhere. Or was having a real bad day.
How could anyone be having a bad day if they were riding?

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
stereotypes

Not all doctors live in million dollar homes and vacation in Europe. Many don't realize it, but physicians have 11 years (minimum) of education and training after high school graduation, and before they make a decent wage. I live in a 160,000 home, drive my 1997 S-10 when it's too wet to ride the vulcan, and still have nearly 100,000 in educational loans.

Oh, I wave when I can, but I don't let it ruin my day if there is no response.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Not all doctors live in million dollar homes and vacation in Europe. Many don't realize it, but physicians have 11 years (minimum) of education and training after high school graduation, and before they make a decent wage. I live in a 160,000 home, drive my 1997 S-10 when it's too wet to ride the vulcan, and still have nearly 100,000 in educational loans.

$160,000 could get you an AWESOME home in Mexico... lol

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
$160,000 could get you an AWESOME home in Mexico... lol
Yeah, I was thinking about that when I worked in Juraez. The Mexicans working on the line made $1/hr. I made in a week what they make in a year..... I figured I could save some $$$ and retire to Mexico :smiley_th

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking about that when I worked in Juraez. The Mexicans working on the line made $1/hr. I made in a week what they make in a year..... I figured I could save some $$$ and retire to Mexico :smiley_th
Yup, there are some nice calm places too, not just what you see in the news... Juarez is definitely not one of the best cities to live in, but there are some very nice places with very few problems with criminals and violence and such.

My friend's parents have built a bunch of houses that they rent out and it's a LOT cheaper when you can buy your materials and build it yourself with some help... meaning, yea, hire someone to do it but stay there checking everything out. A small 2 story house here costs around $40,000 (dollars)... My friend's parents probably spent half of that on their bigger (but one story), better planned, better quality houses.

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts

For the record, I knew this, but posted the statement for Wolfies benefit as he seems to have a prejudice for those occupations.;)
Of course anyone with that much schooling does have the potential to make a better income than those that don't. I have a friend that is a MD but has been working in Africa for the last 10 years and still gets paid in chickens....

Lawyers however, are a whole different thing....:loser1:

;)

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Out for a ride in the country side last night. While going down the road I saw a VN 750 waiting at the intersection to turn onto my road. I waved and then pulled over on the side of the road, flashers on, and waited for him. He just drove right by. I thought we could have a new member here.. Never saw the bike before.
:doh:
It was me and that's what you get for riding nude. Put some pants on and I'll wave at ya...

·
Registered
802 Posts

Losers.

Just because some rider don't wave is no reason to flip them off, you are just showing the fact that you are indeed not their "brother".

You are just perpetuating the image of bikers being social misfits. Thanks.
:smiley_th
I wanna be a loser too!! :D
And a misfit !
I want the hot wife!!!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Hey Knife...

I think you misunderstood the gist of my post (english not my first language btw).
What I was trying to say by my statement, is that all the doctor/lawyer/exec types, that turned into "bikers", since now its "chic" to be, feel they need to act like the 1%ers (which I am for 35yrs)....THAT, is what ticks me off.
And perhaps its a geographical thing, but around here, only doctors and lawyers and execs, can afford the overpriced New Harleys...they feel like they now need to act like 1%ers....
I have 4 degrees btw...Botany, forestry, dendrology and engineering. But I never "dissed" anyone. An IQ of 180 as well, btw.
Ive ridden with the Angels, Cycle Lords, Pagans, Breed when I had my last Harley. But when I rode solo, never even thought about shunning anyone.
Its the Harley mindset Im trying to convey. These rich folks buy new Harleys, and they "think" theyre Angels....lolol !!!
But they play the game....look at all the t-shirts, leather, etc...theyre all just wannabes....
And if someone dont gimme a sign back, I flash em the bird for their rear view...and Im happy...
Sorry if I came across wrong....

>Woof

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I have 4 degrees btw...Botany, forestry, dendrology and engineering.

>Woof
I only see one real degree on that list ;)

(says a fellow engineer lol)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts