Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so... just got back from a cruise. when i was about a block from home, the bike stalled on my at a stop light then acted like it was way underpowered. I got it back to my shop and it began to smoke from the front cylinder, i have an exhaust leak right where the exhaust attaches to the cylinder and from there, it looked like there was oil coming out. but the smoke was white and no blue tint. it still ran ok after that, but still smoked... any suggestions? its a 1990 vn750.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
so... just got back from a cruise. when i was about a block from home, the bike stalled on my at a stop light then acted like it was way underpowered. I got it back to my shop and it began to smoke from the front cylinder, i have an exhaust leak right where the exhaust attaches to the cylinder and from there, it looked like there was oil coming out. but the smoke was white and no blue tint. it still ran ok after that, but still smoked... any suggestions? its a 1990 vn750.
The white smoke is more likely steam from coolant leaking into the combustion chamber. Does the exhaust smell sweet like antifreeze.
My experience with cars would lead me to believe you have a blown head gasket.:(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my first impression. I was more pissed when this happend and just left. I will hopefully be able to take a closer look at it either at lunch today, or next week. Atleast this happened close to home. ha. I was planningn on jimmying the motor free next week anyway to replace a few gaskets on the left side of the motor that are leaking. so.... mine as well replace a few more. have you ever torn apart a head gasket on one of these bikes?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts