Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got her running this afternoon, after 5 - 6 years. When I let it idle for a few minutes, I start to see wisps of smoke coming from what looks like the left rear engine mount. If you watch the video, you can kind of see whats happening.

The longer it runs, the more smoke it produces. I don't know if something is burning off from it externally or what.

Any/all help and ideas greatly appreciated?

http://vid112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/93vn750/20151129_153414_zps1sqwazye.mp4

Jon

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I finally got her running this afternoon, after 5 - 6 years. When I let it idle for a few minutes, I start to see wisps of smoke coming from what looks like the left rear engine mount. If you watch the video, you can kind of see whats happening.

The longer it runs, the more smoke it produces. I don't know if something is burning off from it externally or what.

Any/all help and ideas greatly appreciated?

http://vid112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/93vn750/20151129_153414_zps1sqwazye.mp4

Jon
Looks like it could be steam. Does it smell like antifreeze or oil?

Might be leaking from the rear coolant pipe.

Nice coasters.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like it could be steam. Does it smell like antifreeze or oil?

Might be leaking from the rear coolant pipe.

Nice coasters.
Not smell at all like AF or oil. In fact, looks completely dry. Almost smells like something plastic or rubber burning. I did not want to let it run too long until I figure out what it is.

Coasters:rockon:

Jon

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Not smell at all like AF or oil. In fact, looks completely dry. Almost smells like something plastic or rubber burning. I did not want to let it run too long until I figure out what it is.

Coasters:rockon:

Jon
Could be a wire or harness touching the rear ex. manifold.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
That's what I was thinking

·
Siggy
18 Posts
If you applied any grease on bolts near heat that could be it. Not all grease is meant for heat. I used bicycle grease and this happened off my exhaust.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
What coasters are those? Look great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts