Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am relocating from Forida to California (due to work). I have costered and wounder if I will have to re-install the spider in order to pass their smog/emissions test. Any in-put?

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
My guess would be yes. I lived in San Diego for awhile and they were pretty rabid on emissions equip.being tampered with. That being said, it may depend on how knowlegeable the tech is in knowing whether you have messed with the emissions crap or not.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
My guess would be maybe, but likely not. The reed valves you blocked off by coastering only effect emmisions when you close the throttle, and not by much.

You can bring your non - California bike to California and it only has to pass the non Californian emissoins for that bike model and year.

You do run the chance as Sky said of running into someone familar with the bike and they might be dicks about it, but I would not worry myself.

KM

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Hyper???? I'm in great company when I can be mistaken for Hyper. Thanks KM!!!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
(No offense there Hyper, where ever you are...)
:beerchug:
None taken,
I admit, I've got nothing on Sky, I'm not in any of the Services (Go Navy!) :smiley_th
(but I did think about staying at a Holiday Inn Express once)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I’ll carry the parts with me, so if I need them I can do a quick re-install.
Thanks all, I appreciate your in-put.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts