Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Crisp.
The horn has me cracking up. Looks great, and will be a surprise for those people who tend to drift sideways out of their lane!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I agree about the contrasting engine black. Like Thorn said, it's "crisp". Wish Kawasaki had done that. Honda was using that look a lot in those days so maybe Kawasaki wanted to be different. I'm thinking a passenger's shoe would get pretty "crisp" behind that headpipe.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
What’s up with the carb setup certainly not stock

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I asked him about that and I was surprised at the answer: Bed liner for trucks. Like RhinoLiner? Definitely neat!
[/QUOTEused raptor liner because I had to spray gun and everything else for it
I asked him about that and I was surprised at the answer: Bed liner for trucks. Like RhinoLiner? Definitely neat!
I ended up using raptor liner because I have a horse shelf full of it lol It was for a job I had but now me and all my friends have motorcycles with raptor liner protection!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you have to remove your engine to paint it? I was thinking of doing the same, but using a brush so I wouldn't have to remove the motor.
It would be a good idea to take it out but personally I didn’t the first time and I suffered the consequences. Turns out pressure washers and degreaser still don’t get every spot while the engine is on the bike lol. Take it out, clean it good and a good bit of sanding. That way your paint won’t be flying off with the wind!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bed liner works great to black out chrome too. Shoulda went flat slide on that carb.
I’m doing a little project right now with a S&S super E. So far I’m liking the way that it performs a lot more than this one I’m using. I also have a Mikuni on standby(And a whole shelf of other carburetors at my shop)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree about the contrasting engine black. Like Thorn said, it's "crisp". Wish Kawasaki had done that. Honda was using that look a lot in those days so maybe Kawasaki wanted to be different. I'm thinking a passenger's shoe would get pretty "crisp" behind that headpipe.
I would have pipes on it but I lost one after somebody pushed me off the road. It got crushed completely unfortunately. I have some fish tales that I want to put on. I’m just being lazy with my welder and keep putting it aside lol

(Also my passenger peg was taken off completely on that side. somehow the impact bent the connecting rod for the shifter and broke it so I had to rip the whole engine apart)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
IMHO, straight pipes and fishtails of the sort, sound and generally work better with long stroke low RPM engines. I'm thinking a 2 into 1 with a Yoshi can would be completely awesome. Or this Jones from eBay. I have one, very good quality stainless.
Font Line Screenshot Metal Cylinder

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,470 Posts
They did on the 85 vn700

1 - 18 of 18 Posts