Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a couple drops on the floor. Looks like there's a drip coming out where this little wire connects to a bolt or something? Any ideas?

Hopefully nothing bad wrong?

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know nothing about that switch or how it works. Is there a way to fix it or does it leak from time to time? First leak in 6 months.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
compared your pic with same on my bike.. it really to me looks like something hit that sensor.

on mine, the connector comes straight out (perpendicular to the engine/trans case) before the 90 degree bend.. yours looks like its bent 'up' some.

replacement of the switch would be in order I would think

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Yeah, thats the neutral switch...you can try snugging it down a little, or next time you change the oil, take it out and put some thread sealer on it...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went and checked it again. The wire pulls right off like it has no grip on it. Just falls off. The little switch is crooked coming out of the nut and pieces fell off. Like maybe a black o-ring around the switch or something that corroded and crumbled? I looked on cheap cycle but couldn't find a neutral switch or wire.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome! Thanks for the link.

If I pull the switch I'm assuming oil will pour out? I guess it'll be ok as long as it doesn't start leaking bad til next change?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts