Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone knows a small size filter to fit in the fuel lines to both cylinders?
Car type appears to be too tall to install.
Thanks Peter.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Speaking from experience on another bike (Suzuki GS550 with CV minuki carbs - I.E. similar fuel system to the vulcan) - I'd be hesitant to put fuel filters in.

The Vulcans can allready suffer from fuel delivery issues (see the 1000 "bike runs out of fuel when tank is full" threads) and more resistance (fuel filter) just compounds the problem.

When I put fuel filters on the 550 it started running like crap at higher RPM's - when I pulled the filter off, it got better.

You CAN get low resistance fuel filters (a lawnmower is going to have lower fuel requirements) - but honestly, the petcock has a built in filter (albeit with huge holes for a filter) so I don't choose to worry about it.

All that to say - make sure that whatever filter ya get has super low resistance (which'll probably make it bigger) or you may cause more issues with the filters than the gunk they might have caught would have.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i gotta agree. the filter on the petcock, unless it has holes in it that shouldnt be there, its a fine media. not much is gonna get through

1 - 4 of 4 Posts