Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently had boots between the carb and intake replaced(not leaking-sucking air I checked) had the throttle cable replaced,new air filters and plugs.When i got it back from the dealership i noticed when i hit a hill my RPMS stay the same but the speed drops off, if i pull the throttle all the way back i don't gain speed and at 65MPH on a small hill i have to drop to 3rd from 5th to get back up to speed.compression:170 lb.s,carbs sych'd no issues found.HELP!!!!!
throttle feels sluggish on response.they also serviced the carbs.Kaw dealership no help.:(

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Any chance the clutch is slipping?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,970 Posts
Make sure the vent line to the right ear is not bottomed out. ( most cut the end at a 45 degree angle to prevent this.

Are you sure both cylnders are firing?

Is there any unusual noise?

Do make sure the throttle is opening the throttle valves all the way.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Absolutely x2 ......simple cable adjustment (if that is the problem).

WilliamTech
x3.... Since our scoots are manual tyrannys, it's a direct connect from the engine to the rear wheel. RPM the same and speed drops, or speed the same and RPM increases, them the is the clutch. They didn't do an oil change at the dealer too did they? If they did they may have used the wrong type, but I'd go with a clutch adjustment first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts