Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the front end off and recently put new tires on and took it out and the bike likes to slowly wobble and sometimes there is a screetching sound any ideas?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it isn't as noticeable now but is still there. Does it make a difference if the front brakes are off and the fork seals are gone?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
You said new front tire. Sound like it could be in the tire. May not have seated to the rim good or could be a bad tire altogether.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
How fast are you traveling and are there grooves in the highway you travel? Also, can you give us an idea of how the wobble feels, when it starts and stops. More details surrounding your issue would be helpful. What condition are the front tire bearings? What condition are your handlebars in? If they are twisted, that could cause you to over compensate and produce a wobble in your front tire. Something else, are your fork tubes the same height in the tree? If one is higher/lower than the other, it might introduce a wobble.

Sorry for all the q's, they all came at once and wanted out, lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It happens at about all speeds but is hardly noticeable at 70mph. It just likes to weave on the road. The fork tubes are the same height and the wheel bearings are good. I put the old handlebars on because the other ones were tweaked a little but it is still the same.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
It happens at about all speeds but is hardly noticeable at 70mph. It just likes to weave on the road. The fork tubes are the same height and the wheel bearings are good. I put the old handlebars on because the other ones were tweaked a little but it is still the same.
Don't take this personal, but it might be you. You were compensating on the twisted bars and now your not. Give yourself time to readjust to the new bar and see if the wobble works itself out.

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
How fast are you traveling and are there grooves in the highway you travel? Also, can you give us an idea of how the wobble feels, when it starts and stops. More details surrounding your issue would be helpful. What condition are the front tire bearings? What condition are your handlebars in? If they are twisted, that could cause you to over compensate and produce a wobble in your front tire. Something else, are your fork tubes the same height in the tree? If one is higher/lower than the other, it might introduce a wobble.

Sorry for all the q's, they all came at once and wanted out, lol.
The road question has some validity. The highways here are grooved and you don't really notice on worn tires. Put new shoes on her and she developed a little wander. Does it on my truck whenever I have them rotated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I notice when I put new front tire on recently that the bike wants to be all over the road. It is like 'easier' for it to respond with less input from me. It will likely work itself out. The screeching may be a brake issue, how did the pads look?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts