Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q: I have an '04 VN750 and have noticed that when I first take her out, so maybe sitting over night, the bike will "grab" when I start to go into 1st. After a few minutes when the bike is warmed up, this goes away. I can start in 1st and she's smooth. But, first few times, the clutch feels like it's grabbing, it's not smooth. Is this common? Something I should worry about? The bike has about 4,400 mile on it and did have the 3,000 tuneup done.
A: Wet clutch bike. Happens on mine as well. It's way worse on a Nomad! Just feather the clutch the first few times as you ride out. It's due to the oil settling down, off the clutch plates. Rgds, Starman.

A: This may sound wierd or strange but you should check the oil level when bike is on the center stand. Even though the dealer did the oil change, they may have added too much or too little oil. I found too much oil affected my clutch control at starting off in first gear. After I lowered the oil level to between the two marks in the site window, it responds betterand smoother. I also found the Shell Rotella 15W-40 oil made a big difference (improvement) in the clutch control. Richie

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.