Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. Looking to buy a set of slip on mufflers. If I do this do I need to re-jet etc. Thanks for any info given.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Shouldn't have to if you are just replacing the mufflers and you leave the goats belly in place.

·
Registered
196 Posts
1.75" is roughly the size, most likely it's actually a metric size but it's close enough to work pretty well. Mufflers for older Sportsters, 80's & 90's era, work well and sound good too.

·
Live to Ride
7 Posts
FYI, I purchased a pair of Cobra pipes on eBay and they sound awesome. I did have to remove the goat belly but that was fine by me. After reading several blogs, there seems to be conflicting opinions regarding whether rejecting was necessary. I have experience a little bit of fuel mileage drop though but I think it's worth it to have it sound like a big bike.

·
Registered
579 Posts
one of my local friends has a 2002 vn750 that he put new cobra pipes on his bike. He didn't know anything about rejetting the bike and has been riding the bike for several years without issues.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are the header pipes different diameters, because looking from the back of my 92 the right side header looks to be a different diameter than the left. Is this the case?

·
Registered
196 Posts
They shouldn't be different sizes where the goat's belly slides on, but I think the right side pipe is double walled before the area that is covered by the heat shield.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts