Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be swapping out and balancing my tires this coming up weekend. I was contemplating designs for my wheel balancing set-up when I realized that I don't know the size of the axles for this thing. I do have a threaded pipe that I can easily secure to a sturdy fence post on one end and use a drilled out 2X4 to hold up the other end when it is under "load". The pipe is 7/8ths on an inch across. But I don't know if this is too thick or not. I do have a non-threaded 5/8ths of an inch pipe that can be used if necessary. Anyone know if these would work?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,274 Posts

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, if I am reading that chart correctly the front inside diameter for the bearings are 25mm or 0.98425... inches. The rear inside diameter for the bearings are 28mm or 1.1 inches. Therefore my 7/8ths thick pipe should work. Cool. Thanks ODC.

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Incidentally, this info really didn't work like I thought it would. The front axle is smaller than the ID of the bearings. I wound up just using the actual axle to balance the wheel instead of either of the pipes I had.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,274 Posts
It's not the size that matters...

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,274 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts