Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined the 60k club. Think I'll celebrate by going for a ride!

Bonus, rolled over 60k on one of my most favorite roads.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Hey, good that you can go for a ride, a bit too cold here for me, and I was wondering if it was too wet for you... Hope you didn't get caught up in all that rain out there...:smiley_th...:smiley_th...
LOL...I'm a long way behind you @ 10k, just hope mines still in good shape at 60k...
PS-Let me rephrase that, I hope me and the bike are in good shape at 60k...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congratulations! Welcome to the club! Its always nice, not to mention comforting, to know that there are other high-mileage Vulcan owners and riders out there. At the rate that you're racking up the miles, you'll probably pass my own before too long. Good luck to you and merry Christmas!

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations! Welcome to the club! Its always nice, not to mention comforting, to know that there are other high-mileage Vulcan owners and riders out there. At the rate that you're racking up the miles, you'll probably pass my own before too long. Good luck to you and merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you as well! Maybe I'm spoiled by being near so many great roads. I always laugh when I read a post "yeah my bike is high mileage, 15 years old and already have 8000 miles". Sorry, 500 miles per year is not high mileage.

500 miles a day? THAT'S more reasonable.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Merry Christmas to you as well! Maybe I'm spoiled by being near so many great roads. I always laugh when I read a post "yeah my bike is high mileage, 15 years old and already have 8000 miles". Sorry, 500 miles per year is not high mileage.
500 miles a day? THAT'S more reasonable.
Now wait a minute EQ, if you are doing a 500 mile day, I think you are on the wrong road, don't you...??? Those roads you have been showing, and some are goat trails, are not 500 mile a day roads, or am I getting way too old...lol...:beerchug:...
MERRY CHRISTMAS Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
This is not a high milage post or even a 500 mile a day post, but I did find a suggestion for some local interesting practice for a newbie rider today. A young family friend with a 2008 VN900 Custom, who has been riding for 2 seasons now, mentioned that he and a couple of friends ride up and down the roads leading to some city parks in the river bottom. They are only about 1/2 or 3/4 of a mile long, and speed limits are 50km/hr (30 mph).

They will give me a chance to practice riding some, if not really twisty, at least curvy roads close to home when I get back in the saddle again. Out here on the table top flat praries with arrow straight roads you take your curves where you find them!:smiley_th Between that and a lot of parking lot practice (PLP), I hope to be ready to put some highway miles on next summer.

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update 1/6. I am no longer a member of the 60k club. Left it behind and joined the 61k club instead.

It wasn't my fault. I was minding my own business, then the bike grabbed me, threw me on the seat and took off down a twisty road. What could I do?

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I think it would be Awome to do some riding in california. Maybe one day. Congrats on keeping her alive! lol I'm sure I'll be there one day, you know, when your joining the 100k club!

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Update 1/6. I am no longer a member of the 60k club. Left it behind and joined the 61k club instead.

It wasn't my fault. I was minding my own business, then the bike grabbed me, threw me on the seat and took off down a twisty road. What could I do?
I think that is being very rude, 1K since Dec. 23 when most of us are proud to do 100 mi in that 2 wk stretch... I really liked your ridin style EQ, but that kinda lowers my opinion of you...lol...:beerchug:... Take that from a jealous ole fart...lol...:beerchug:... Man I just wish I was out there, just a taggin along behind you... We did have a white Christmas though... Well at least I get to work on my saddlebag setup...:beerchug:...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that is being very rude, 1K since Dec. 23 when most of us are proud to do 100 mi in that 2 wk stretch...
61200 at the end of today's ride :beerchug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts