Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Site Supporter?
What is that?

VN750.com is a privately owned, volunteer-run website devoted to the owners and enthusiasts of the Kawasaki VN750. We are funded solely by donations to our site, and by any funds made through google advertising. We run on a dedicated server in order for the members to get the fastest and most consistent connection possible with minimal downtime.

VN750.com is a FREE website and we plan on keeping it that way!

To assist with server and hosting costs, your support is appreciated but NOT mandatory!

If you found the information on VN750.com helpful or just enjoy being here, your help is appreciated! Your contribution will ensure a place for VN750 enthusiasts to hang out, learn about their bikes and make lasting friendships with the people behind the keyboard!

As a "thank you" for those who assist the site with server and marketing costs, we have developed the "Site Supporter" program. It's a way for those members who assist with server costs to get something back in the way of forum perks.

To learn more about the "Site Supporter" program, click HERE

...and most importantly, THANK YOU!

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone who has become a Site Supporter in the last week, your patches will be going out on Wednesday. I was away in Texas on business all last week, so was unable to get any out during that time.

I hope everyone else has already received theirs?

Again, thanks for your support!!!!!:motorcycl

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Thanks DMAG, my patch arrived Saturday morning. Glad to support this site & be a member of the forum. You are a great bunch of people.:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ernie said:
Thanks DMAG, my patch arrived Saturday morning. Glad to support this site & be a member of the forum. You are a great bunch of people.:beerchug:
I was hoping it made it "over the pond" ok. :beerchug:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks!

DMAG thanks for the patch, I really like it and it is my first official patch for a vest I don't have yet. :pepper: :rockon:

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Thanks for the patch DMAG. I'm sure I will save much more money than being a site supporter cost. A great bunch of people to learn from here.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kait said:
DMAG thanks for the patch, I really like it and it is my first official patch for a vest I don't have yet. :pepper: :rockon:
elbrfld said:
Thanks for the patch DMAG. I'm sure I will save much more money than being a site supporter cost. A great bunch of people to learn from here.
:smiley_th :smiley_th :smiley_th

·
Registered
699 Posts
DMAG could you please pm me your addy so I can send in a M.O to support the site, with all the info here its well worth it, I am very impressed with the knowledge and people on this site!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
leo gilmore

hi guys and girls just a note to let you know i apreceate the website i just want to fill you in on a few things my 750 is a 1986 with 29000 kilos on it the voltage regulator and battery needed replacement the bike runs real good i read with interest the problems others have had as i am a retired mechanic and have messed with bikes al my life i'm now 73 years old and still enjoy working or rideing just missed out on a ride today rained all day'

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Welcome Leo

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
leojgilmore said:
just missed out on a ride today rained all day'
That's how it was all last week here in Western Pennsylvania, and most of the Right Coast too.
Got some riding in today, and I'm off work Monday too, so I'm hoping to get some more in then !! :motorcycl
And Leo, feel free to jump in and post any tips or tricks that you've aquired through your enjoyable years of riding !!

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only a couple patches left. Afterwards, new Supporters will not get patches when they sign up. :(

Thank you EVERYONE who has supported so far! I never thought I'd actually run out of patches! You are all AMAZING!

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
this is no brainer. you definetly get your money worth. thanks DMAG

BTW how many supporters do we have so far?

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
We have a winner !!!!!!!!!

Jon

·
jetpilot
74 Posts
I have a simple question. A few short months ago I was able to reactivate my VN750 membership after a couple of years of absence. Upon "rejoining" the group I also visited many different links of the VN page. One such was the "Site Supporter" site. After reading through the information I decided to contribute to the "Site Supporter" membership. I had the funds paid by my credit card and have also received verification of my card being charged for the contribution. The "Site Supporter" information stated there would be recognition of those who become "Site Supporters". My question is - what recognition did I receive for my contribution as a "Site Supporter"? Did I misunderstand something?
Thank you,
Jim Bowers
AKA jetpilot
Rupert, ID

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a simple question. A few short months ago I was able to reactivate my VN750 membership after a couple of years of absence. Upon "rejoining" the group I also visited many different links of the VN page. One such was the "Site Supporter" site. After reading through the information I decided to contribute to the "Site Supporter" membership. I had the funds paid by my credit card and have also received verification of my card being charged for the contribution. The "Site Supporter" information stated there would be recognition of those who become "Site Supporters". My question is - what recognition did I receive for my contribution as a "Site Supporter"? Did I misunderstand something?
Thank you,
Jim Bowers
AKA jetpilot
Rupert, ID
Sure, look at your username! Its GREEN, BOLD and you have a big badge next to it that says "Site Supporter"! (Regular users just show up in black)

In addition to that you got a lot of little forum perks. More photo storage, more PM storage, etc...

BTW, thanks for supporting the site! :smiley_th

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Knowing I spent a few $$'s to help keep things rolling here was enough recognition for me.

I've gained a boatload of great info from this site. Much of it stuff that no mechanic would know about if they didn't have a Vulcan of their own.

Think of this place as the backbone to the VN riding/wrenching life.
Most times when a problem is addressed, a solution will be figured out due to the knowledge of those who ride and work on the Vulcan.
The alternatives are spending big $$'s (local shop here has $70/hr labor charge) to have a mechanic troubleshoot the problem, and HOPE they can figure it out.
I even sent in a few more $$'s after my initial payment.
To me, it's all worth it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts