Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime we upgrade the site, a common problem encountered by some members is they keep getting logged out or the site does not remember your password when you visit and you have to login.

Some users also have had problems not being able to click on smilies when making posts or using any of the editor functions (bold, itlaics, etc...)

Unfortunately, the problem is on your end. (yeah...cop-out, but listen on!)

You need to clear your cache and cookies. Your browser still has a copy of the old (pre-upgraded) site in it's cache. Hence, it is logging you out of the upgraded site.

To remedy this problem simply go into your browser's options and clear the cache.

This can be done instantly by pressing <CTRL> and F5 at the same time.

or....

In Internet Explorer:

On the Internet Explorer Tools menu, click Internet Options. The Internet Options box should open to the General tab.

On the General tab, in the Temporary Internet Files section, click the Delete Files button. This will delete all the files that are currently stored in your cache.

Click OK, and then click OK again.

In Mozilla Firefox:
Select "Tools", "Options", then "Privacy". Cick the "Clear" button next to Cache.

You will also need to clear your cookies.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
I cannot add in the link as part of the configuration. It will have to be programmed in. I will see what I can do to accomplish this over the next while. Will keep you posted.

webmaster
Ummmm.. gee, thanks, I think

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Ummm

I cleanout my cookies and temps daily before going to bed for the night, but still get timed out often when composing a long message or PM (yes, Im a long and winded orator, lol)...isnt the time-out an actual board program setting ? Most board progs have a setting.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I cleanout my cookies and temps daily before going to bed for the night, but still get timed out often when composing a long message or PM (yes, Im a long and winded orator, lol)...isnt the time-out an actual board program setting ? Most board progs have a setting.

Thanks in advance.
I've taken to using NOTEPAD to type out my blog and then paste it in to the website. Awful to lose all that typing - it never comes out the same way the next time.

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
I don't have the log out problem on my Mac or iphone, but I notice that I don't get notified of when there are replies to my subscribed threads. I do now get notified when I receive a private message....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I had to do the notepad thing on another forum as well (one with many lengthy political/social discussions)...my posts were at times 10 paragraphs long, but I try to limit them to 5 or less now. Sometimes, when I time out and lose the text, I dont even bother rewriting. Thats sad...and I type REAL slow...(2 finger tango)...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi All,

I'm a newbie on the forum, but at computers since CPM's days - long before Gates came up with DOS 3.2! Anyway...

The forum does not work correctly in Mozilla Firefox (ver. 20.0.1). I have to switch over to Internet Explorer in order to be able to see individual postings/messages and to reply. I don't like IE, but that's another story, and Chrome is too intrusive for my taste.

But, in IE I keep getting signed out of my login ever so often, more often than ever.

Any suggestions/solutions?

Cheers from Costa Rica!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
There's a std timeout setting for inactivity...thats there in part to foil bots....(Ive been on boards since DOS also btw....worked with comps since 1975....)....Myself I use IE7 exclusively, one that Ive modified myself....I still get the timeouts....its really just a security thing to prevent spam....

On an average day, due to moderator duties, Im often on here for 3 hours or more...
During that time, I need to relog in about 3 times....

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I am running FF 20.0.1 with no issues.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I am running Firefox...I keep it updated ...absolutely no issues what-so-ever.
WilliamTech

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Hi All,

I'm a newbie on the forum, but at computers since CPM's days - long before Gates came up with DOS 3.2! Anyway...

The forum does not work correctly in Mozilla Firefox (ver. 20.0.1). I have to switch over to Internet Explorer in order to be able to see individual postings/messages and to reply. I don't like IE, but that's another story, and Chrome is too intrusive for my taste.

But, in IE I keep getting signed out of my login ever so often, more often than ever.

Any suggestions/solutions?

Cheers from Costa Rica!
FYI, AdBlocker inhibits most all forum functions if you use it in FF and Chrome.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
FYI, AdBlocker inhibits most all forum functions if you use it in FF and Chrome.
Correct. If you use this rule for ABP it will work again, though. (while still blocking stuff)

@@||vn750.com^$elemhide

1 - 20 of 21 Posts