Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a newbie, some things I'm learning the hard way - it sure would be nice to be able to bring along some stuff. I am still in the honeymoon stage re: the looks of the VN 750, and am reluctant to add saddle bags at this time. My rides typically last only a couple of hours. At the very least, I'd like to be able to bring along a raincoat (as I learned the hard way last week), and am now looking at textile sissy bar bags. My bike has the small luggage rack behind the seat. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
For easy, simple storage, some folks just strap a dufflebag to the passenger seat. Filled up, they also work as a backrest.

I put a small backpack style camera bag on my tail rack. I removed the toolbox when I did this, but it'd work with the toolbox in place also. I just used a couple of large fender washers so the seat mounting bolts don't slip through the material. It is big enough to hold a 1 liter bottle of drink, smokes, some tools, cell phone and other misc. stuff. It's probably big enough to hold a light rain jacket.
I think I got it at Walmart.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hyper,

GREAT idea - that is exactly what I was looking for! Please explain the fender washers - and how exactly is that bag attached? Thank you in advance.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Hyper,

GREAT idea - that is exactly what I was looking for! Please explain the fender washers - and how exactly is that bag attached? Thank you in advance.
Well, the bolts that hold the toolbox on also are the only bolts that hold the seat on. When I removed the toolbox I still needed the bolts to hold the seat in place and to hold the bag on. I got shorter bolts and used the fender washers between the bolt heads and the bag so the bolts wouldn't pull through the material of the bag.

I can try getting some better pictures on here if that'd help.

·
Registered
165 Posts
As a newbie, some things I'm learning the hard way - it sure would be nice to be able to bring along some stuff. I am still in the honeymoon stage re: the looks of the VN 750, and am reluctant to add saddle bags at this time. My rides typically last only a couple of hours. At the very least, I'd like to be able to bring along a raincoat (as I learned the hard way last week), and am now looking at textile sissy bar bags. My bike has the small luggage rack behind the seat. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!
I use a saddleman bag to match my saddlebags. But I don't leave it on all the time. I use it for extra storage on longer trips. I can take it off quick and haul it in where we stop if needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hyper - thank you, but no need to go to that trouble. YOur explanation is clear!

hgree - very nice!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts