Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody seen an aftermarket single seat or am I going to have to chop and pray?:doh:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
There are no solo seats, stock or aftermarket, that are made for the Vulcan 750.
If ya want to see a bunch of custom Vulcan's with solo seats, check out THIS site.

One thing you have to realize is, once you chop the backrest of the seat, you remove the only mounting points (other than the tab that holds the front down. So you have to figure out some other way of securely attaching it.

It is possible though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, thanks for that site. I love that first bike with the apehangers. Its AWESOME!!!!. That is just what I had in mind for my finally project... many years done the line. Thanks again

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
i am going to be making a seat over the summer.. havent decided if one weekend i will just make a new seat pan or not.. i have a fender i will be using and its like the magnas, and i want the seat pillon to go to about 1.5" from the rear lip.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow...that website is excellent. I have been trying to find a good description of alternate assembly for a single seat or at lease a seat w/out the stock sissy bar.

I'd like to see if any of the people listed on that sucker respond w/ info.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My wife's bike has been in the shop getting a new seat and some other custom work done since Christmas. The guy said "2-3 weeks". I guess that means 3-4 months! We should have known when we saw his garage with a dozen bikes in it, all in different states of repair. It will HOPEFULLY be done by the end of this week, he was waiting for some stuff he'd sent out for chroming to come back.

Some of the mods are:
lowered solo seat with flames imprinted on the leather and embedded gel pad
bullet type turn signals
flame mirrors
new levers for her smaller hands
relocate rear signals to allow larger saddle bags- she's going to get some red and black bags from willie and max.

There is probably another mod or 2 I'm missing but I think that will be it. We were going to have a whole new seat made but he was able to use the stock pan and modify it by scraping the foam down and installing the gel to get her lower on the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts