Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen this? Personally, I'm not going to do it. But I figured someone might be interested in a conversion.
I recall someone else on here did a single carb conversion.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. I've had an interest in the single carb for years.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have done this conversion with this manifold . Found the manifold on ebay for $169.00 with free shipping . It came form Lithuania and got here in 8 days .Quality workmanship and fit perfect . I am also using a Mikuni 38mmvm carb . New on Amazon for $105.00 . It fired up on first try , idles ay 1000 + /- revs and pulls good on the road , However is running rich and needs some tuning . My bike is a 1999 vn750 " Barn Find " . It was left in an old backyard shed since 2017, Rust and varnish in the tank and unusable carbs without a rebuild . I think part of the rich running is that all original intake is gone and am using a 5 inch round sportster air filter with all stock exhaust . I think i need to degoat and open up the baffles . I have some pictures I can share when I am allowed to post them . I am new here and this is my first post . I welcome any comments or suggestions

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting on this interesting topic. I'm intrigued by this single carburetor setup. Looking forward to seeing your pictures and whatever advice you receive.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have some pictures I can share when I am allowed to post them . I am new here and this is my first post . I welcome any comments or suggestions
Keep posting to unlock the ability to post pictures! ;)

But I too am interested in your conversion. Have you ridden a stock Vulcan 750 to compare to? This definitely seems like the cheaper option vs replacing the OEM carbs.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
I love the idea of a single carb, my 2006 Sportster 1200 has a single carb. Nice and simple. But, my Vulcan 750 is running beautifully the way it is, and I'm not going to mess with it. I have other vehicles to tinker with, I want to keep the Vulcan reliable, and with the exception of the cam chain tensioners, stator, and the fact that they did not lube the final drive splines at the factory, it has been 100% reliable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mikuni Vm38 single carb conversion...been riding this way for 2 years now...custom manifold built out of 1-3/4" Alum. tube, tig-welded...throttle cable by Motion Pro...black silicone hoses, secured by oem clamps...

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Well I see one advantage, a non CV carburetor. But I'm not crazy about the open air cleaner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts