Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always down to tinker unnecessarily on a bike. The single carb conversion threads caught my eye.

Found this on ebay. Price is steep ($300!), but it looks like bolt-on parts for a simple conversion. Includes nice metal 2-to-1 manifold, carb, jets, etc.

CV40 carb clone, still has room for twin throttle cables (would need cables with elbow right angles I think).

Seller says too you can point out the left or right side (not sure if that'd make a difference). Curious what kind of clearance you'd have with tank in stock position. I guess the only other thing you'd need would be an appropriate filter.

Should I keep dreaming or get back to work on parts that really need fixing?
Nickel Auto part Bicycle part Gas Machine

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a good point about the jetting. Between an oddball carb and my oddball V&N exhausts it'd be jumping into the deep end trying to get that balanced.
It indeed looks like the seller also sells just the manifold separate. I might pick that up just in case down the road I get the spirit again to swap out some carbs.
Reflecting on the bike's vintage I almost feel like I should start stockpiling parts. Feel like as time goes on non-OEM upgrades are going to be increasingly rare.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts