Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
I can see where it's tempting, but knockoff carbs can be a headache, not always but when they are, look out. Then you may still have to work on jetting unless they have worked that out.

You can do the earshave under $100 depending on the brand of filters, Uni versus K&N.

Maybe if I could buy the manifold separate and supply my own carb. But after the earshave carb work isn't so bad.

Now if the stock carbs are broken, physically parts broken off, then it becomes a better option since prices are high for used carbs.

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
Thats a good point about the jetting. Between an oddball carb and my oddball V&N exhausts it'd be jumping into the deep end trying to get that balanced.
It indeed looks like the seller also sells just the manifold separate. I might pick that up just in case down the road I get the spirit again to swap out some carbs.
Reflecting on the bike's vintage I almost feel like I should start stockpiling parts. Feel like as time goes on non-OEM upgrades are going to be increasingly rare.
With your exhaust, I would definitely want to know what jets are in the carb. But it's uncharted territory so you'll probably have to find the right jets.

At the moment I don't see why one of the stock carbs can't be used. Just put big jets in it, and shim the slide needle.

To stockpile parts, I would make an ebay search, sort by newest listing, save the link, and check it every day. Finding a cheap parts bike is valuable if you have room to keep one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts