Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While Christmas shopping at Target today we passed through the pet section when I noticed an assortment of silicone dog placemats. They had two sizes, I got the large(14.75 x 24) for $9.99, and three colors; red, black and mocha(my choice).
The price is a bit high IMHO, but makes a perfect drip pan with it's beaded edge to keep a dogs water off the wood floor or a Vulcan's liquids off the garage floor.

Before this I was unfolding old cereal boxes or what have you and slipping them under the bike, but this did little to stop a drizzle of fluid from running off the edge and onto the concrete.

Another advantage to this thin, flexible placemat is that I can roll my bike over it without harm and is easy to clean up, I should think.

Product tag says: 'Boots & Barkley' silicone large placemat

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Good idea Tim. Great for fluid changing and spline lubes done by messy people like me. ;) cuz I always get something on the driveway.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I thought you were going to say that it was for parking your harley over it.
I don't have leaks on mine either ^lol,but I am a bit on the messy side when changing oil so I'll give it a :smiley_th

·
Super Moderator
11,860 Posts
Let's see....spend money on a pan I'll have to wash off, or just use the free collection of newspapers that pile up each week that I can use and just throw away....mmmmmm. I'll pick the free stuff I don't have to clean.

If you don't get newspapers, cut open a large trash bag. Liquid proof and disposable.

And you can also seal your garage floor, so you won't have problems with oil stains.;)

You can also just be careful, but that never works out all the time. :)

·
1,100 Posts
Let's see....spend money on a pan I'll have to wash off, or just use the free collection of newspapers that pile up each week that I can use and just throw away....mmmmmm. I'll pick the free stuff I don't have to clean.

If you don't get newspapers, cut open a large trash bag. Liquid proof and disposable.

And you can also seal your garage floor, so you won't have problems with oil stains.;)

You can also just be careful, but that never works out all the time. :)
Lmao... well, I still think it's a pretty good idea, but once again I can't argue with the "free stuff i don't have to clean" logic, ha ha.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Dude,I'm not wasting free toilet paper ,we don't get nearly as many Sears Catalogs as we used to here ;)

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Lol nice Denny. I just don't get why people are overly concerned with fluid spots on the floor. I personally feel it's no big deal. My garage already had spots when we moved in. Yeah you could clean and seal the floor but I would rather put my money into a project I will enjoy.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
niterider said:
I thought you were going to say that it was for parking your harley over it.
I just get my wipe rag out 1st and hold it under the dip stick when I check the oil on my Sportster, not a drip on the floor in over 2 yrs. ...lol...

Dude,I'm not wasting free toilet paper ,we don't get nearly as many Sears Catalogs as we used to here ;)
Ha, ha, yeah, don't want to have to start using them darned ole slick & thick color pages, them things sure are scratchy, not near as good as the thin & softer B&W pages...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
just do it in your "friends" garage

im jokeing

or neighbors:beerchug:

·
Super Moderator
11,860 Posts
Lol nice Denny. I just don't get why people are overly concerned with fluid spots on the floor. I personally feel it's no big deal. My garage already had spots when we moved in. Yeah you could clean and seal the floor but I would rather put my money into a project I will enjoy.

Well, some of us have really nice garages and like to keep them that way. Am sure it is alot easier to be a slob....:)

Speaking of clean garages, I'm putting down one if those epoxy finishes in my new garage. A friend told me not to sprinkle those "color flakes" on the floor that come with most kits. His garage is grey with black and white "flakes"... Seems he dropped a tiny black screw and spent 30 minutes looking for it because it was camofloged against the black flecks.

So I'm going for straight gray.....;)

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
So I'm going for straight gray.....
That's probably best I haven't seen any of the gay gray paint in any of he stores around here, you would probably have to have that one specially mixed :confused:

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Well, some of us have really nice garages and like to keep them that way. Am sure it is alot easier to be a slob....:)
It's not about being a slob it's about ease of care. I never said it was bad to have an epoxy floor coating( or that I wouldn't eventually be doing it myself) just that I didn't see why people were so uppity about it.:doh:

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
It's not about being a slob it's about ease of care. I never said it was bad to have an epoxy floor coating( or that I wouldn't eventually be doing it myself) just that I didn't see why people were so uppity about it.:doh:
uppity!!! on this forum ?surely you jest:wow:

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
I'm serious...and don't call me Shirley

·
1,100 Posts
That's probably best I haven't seen any of the gay gray paint in any of he stores around here, you would probably have to have that one specially mixed :confused:
You're killin me, lmao. Really tho, I think the color flakes would be like dropping a screw on office carpeting, which I've done tons of times. I'd probably go for the, ahem, straight gray too instead of the other. Not that there's anything wrong with that, lol. Have a good one. :doh:

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
My garage floor is non porous concrete, but I still use those $5 Little Caesars Pizza boxes to put under bikes if I'm going to be changing oil, lubing the chain, etc. Spread out, they cover a pretty good area.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts