I made a small list of SFA:
Silicate free antifreezes (AF) 6/04
Peak Extended Life AF
Zerex ExtremeLife AF
Havoline Extended Life AF
http://www.havoline.com/products/na/antifreeze_01_tech.html
Shell Dex-Cool
Maxol AF LLMXL

Something I didn't realize is found in the above reference. Silicates will turn into silica gel over a long period of time. It says antifreeze with silicates has a shelf life of 18 months. I've bought the stuff on sale and have some that's older than that! Guess it's off to the hazard waste recycler.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You would think that they would have to put a "best if used by" date on it, and maybe some pictures of missing vehicles.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I use Havoline Extended Life (Dex-Cool) in both my bikes. This 'freeze is also a favorite of Goldwing owners and that's goodenough for me considering the miles those guys put on.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Are these actually supposed to have Dex-Cool in them? If it's not the specified coolant, I would prefer not to use it, since it has a tendency of crystalizing and leaving crud on the cap, or any spot that there's any stagnant coolant for any period of time...

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I use Havoline Extended Life (Dex-Cool) in both my bikes. This 'freeze is also a favorite of Goldwing owners and that's goodenough for me considering the miles those guys put on.
DO NOT USE DEXCOOL in your VN700/750 !!!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
I vote me make this a sticky

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts