Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be really cool if I could replace just the protective rubber bellow on the sidestand switch (98 VN750). Mine is shot and I kind of hate to replace the whole switch as it is working just fine. Anybody else ever creatively dealt with this?

Deaner

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
every one bypasses the said side stand switch.
Properly cleaned it'll give you no issues.

It'll save you from making a big mistake one day with the sidestand down. :p

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
every one bypasses the said side stand switch.
I still have my side stand switch intact also so I guess the "every one bypasses" theory is shot down in flames. I agree that it is a handy safety feature to have in working order.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
i meant when there are problems with it... mine broke long before I got my bike. and I never worried about "Fixing" it.. then rewired my bike to bypass all the stupid safety switches... except the neutral switch.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Reading this thread reminded me that I need to check my sidestand switch.
Leaving work a few days ago I pushed the bike vertical while sitting on it, fired it up and pulled on my gloves while it warmed for half a minute or so.
Shifted into gear and just started to move off when I realized the stand was still down as I had not followed my usual practice of kicking it up into the raised position immediately after taking the bike`s weight off of it. :doh:
I was half way down the 1/4 mile driveway to the main road before I realized the engine should have died when I shifted into gear.
I guess a guy needs to consciously check these safety switches once in a while to be sure they are working.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Reading this thread reminded me that I need to check my sidestand switch.
Leaving work a few days ago I pushed the bike vertical while sitting on it, fired it up and pulled on my gloves while it warmed for half a minute or so.
Shifted into gear and just started to move off when I realized the stand was still down as I had not followed my usual practice of kicking it up into the raised position immediately after taking the bike`s weight off of it. :doh:
I was half way down the 1/4 mile driveway to the main road before I realized the engine should have died when I shifted into gear.
I guess a guy needs to consciously check these safety switches once in a while to be sure they are working.
yeah Hoss...keep that left leg strong and healthy....kick that sidestand as a regular practice.....we don't want you to get sidelined again :doh:

FYI: I periodically test my sidestand kill switch....even if it is not on purpose....sometime I make sure the kill switch on the handlebar works the same way....:loser1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts