Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kickstand does not touch the plunger of the switch causing me a no start condition. There is no adjustment at the switch mount, or at the kickstand, so I don't know how this came about. Can I just unplug the connector to the switch and do away with it? My older bikes never had this switch anyway, so I don't see it as a necessity.

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
My kickstand does not touch the plunger of the switch causing me a no start condition. There is no adjustment at the switch mount, or at the kickstand, so I don't know how this came about. Can I just unplug the connector to the switch and do away with it? My older bikes never had this switch anyway, so I don't see it as a necessity.
Unplugging it is the same as having the kickstand down.

You could wrap tape around it to hold the plunger, just for a quick fix.

·
Super Moderator
12,378 Posts
Something don’t look right there but won’t know until I get home and look at the one I have.
But besides that, the switch is activated when the stand is DOWN…. So if it’s not touching it I don’t understand why it would effect starting as the bike reads it as the stand being up. Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
Yeah I remembered it backwards, as far as switch action. But it should start even with the side stand down, it's not until you let the clutch lever out in gear with the stand down that it kills the ignition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought that maybe there was supposed to be a piece on the end of the plunger that might have fallen off, but photos I've seen of loose replacement switches look like mine.

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
I thought that maybe there was supposed to be a piece on the end of the plunger that might have fallen off, but photos I've seen of loose replacement switches look like mine.
Yes, that looks normal except maybe some of the rubber boot is missing.

Something else is causing the no start. Does the starter turn over?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,554 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts